Thursday, January 3, 2008

Once again, a failure to blog

Sigh.  Trying again to keep up with this blog.

Holiday projects for gifts dominated the last few months of 2007, which means that I didn't want to post in case I spoiled surprises for any of my family that might read this blog (I know you're out there, Mom!)

I've also been playing with my Ravelry account, which recently gave me the ability to show you progress bars that update themselves based on information in that database (see to the right ---->).  Ravelry is an online project notebook & social networking site, currently in beta, and the progress bar widgets are even more beta than that, so I had to do a lot of my own futzing around, learning a little bit about javascript and css, to get them to look halfway decent.  They are still a work in progress, but I'm satisfied for right now.

So, crafting updates, in reverse chronological order, since that's how my mind works... for Christmas my dear hubby got me a set of interchangeable knitting needles.  I love them for their sharp points and slick finish.  My first project on my new needles was started and completed while I was traveling for the holidays: the Blue Jeans Shawl.

blocked 

Pattern link.

Uses one skein of lace weight yarn (only about 2 yards unknit!).  It's still drying from my blocking tonight, so I don't know how much of me I can fit under it, but it should be nice for cool summer evenings.

I'm also currently working on a tank top for the summer and I just started a hooded baby towel for my brother- and sister-in-law.

I'll post about the gifts I made tomorrow or so, since I'm heading to bed now.

No comments: