Thursday, January 10, 2008

Grr... from the frog pond.

Someday, I will learn to count properly.  In the meantime, I'll continue to do 88 rows of single crochet, increasing only 1 stitch per row rather than the 2 I'm supposed to... and continue to visit the frog pond.

Since I had to grab my swift anyways, I realized I'd never posted about it, so instead of ripping I took pictures.

Inspired by Crafty Diversions' instructions.

wholeswift
My swift.  Homemade for about $20 and a few hours.

 centerswiftcenterswiftvert
The swift consists of two hardwood 1x2's, mitered in the center, sitting on a purchased lazy susan.  I used a long eye bolt, the eye to tie the end of the yarn to when necessary, the length so I can fold the two arms together without unscrewing the whole thing.

swiftsupport
I use 4 bolts sitting in holed drilled through the arms to keep the wood parts from sliding off the lazy susan.

swiftholes
swiftside
Four dowels hold the yarn.  They fit into holes drilled about halfway through the arms.

Sigh.  Back to ripping.

No comments: