Thursday, January 10, 2008

Frogging... I hate it.

I'm not a big fan of frogging.  If I can find a way to fix the mistake or gloss over it, I will.  I'm very good at dropping stitches in knitting to fix problems rows back (try fixing a miscrossed 6-stitch cable two crosses back sometime... it's quite exhilarating when you succeed).

I've messed up this part of the lion towel before, and I just bought more yarn and made the towel part too big.  But when I considered the problems:

  • Not increasing enough, so the towel would be too long,
  • Not having a lot of yarn, and not wanting to buy too much, again...
  • and a very odd and abrupt transition between two dye lots of yarn,

I decided to be "fearless" and redo the whole sucker.  This time I'm taking the offending differently-colored ball and alternating every two rows between the darker and lighter shades.

beginningtake2
My re-started towel bottom point.

This time I've double-checked my stitch counts while the numbers are still small and I'm ignoring the fact that it looks wrong and bad (fan-shaped, not triangular -- must have faith, must have faith...).  Now for some more endurance crocheting.

No comments: