Thursday, May 10, 2007

In Progress: Grey Shawl

Started: April 2007

Knit Elann.com's "Adara Rainbow Shawl"

Yarn: Lion Brand Jiffy, 100% acrylic mohair

Size 6.5 mm needles

I found the yarn at the dollar store and couldn't pass it up.  It's not the most exciting color (a dove grey), so I wanted a pattern that had some strong texture to it, that would stand out through the mohair fuzz.

Although the pattern was designed for multiple colors of a finer yarn, I like the way it's working up.  I increased the needle size, and I'll have to do an edging since the stepped increases tend to curl.

Detail of the pattern: (click to enlarge)

I think it looks like feathers on wings.

I figure I'm about 2/3 done.  I'll be plugging away at this since I want to use these needles to start another project.  I'll have extra yarn as well, so I'll be planning a cabled vest to finish up the yarn.

No comments: