Thursday, May 10, 2007

Finished: Turkish String Bags

Finished: April/May 2007

Knit Turkish Stitch String bags for my trip to Hawaii.

 

White bag: knit in Bernat Handicrafter Cotton yarn, size 11 needles, using the round bottom and double-knit shoulder strap from a free knit hobo bag pattern off the web, and the turkish stich body from the above pattern.

 

Blue & Green bag: knit in Lily Sugar & Cream (3 balls) cotton yarn, size 11 needles, to the exact Turkish Stitch pattern with square bottom & garter stitch strap.  (Please excuse my not-yet-worked-in ends.)

Turkish stitch is very easy and quick to work, but when I made mistakes I found it very difficult to un-knit what I had done previously.  Thus, the white bag has a few strange-looking areas, although the blue and green bag is pretty much exactly to pattern.

I figure I spent less than $10 for the yarn for all three string bags (hobo bag yet to be posted).

No comments: