Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Bevy of Projects

I've been so busy crafting I haven't posted!  Yeah, right.  Anyways, I do have some stuff to show off.

1) Spinning

I attended a Roc Day hosted by the local handspinners guild.  I decided to try my hand at drop spindling and bought the tools to create this:
2ply
bothbluegreen

Top: undyed Cotswold, purchased at Roc Day.  Bottom: hand-dyed "Smokestack" Bluefaced Leicester purchased online.

All yarn is 2-ply: the Cotswold ranges from worsted to bulky weight, and the BFL from sport to worsted.

I don't have any idea what I'll do with the Cotswold; the BFL may become a shawlette or pair of slippers.

I enjoy spinning a lot but drop spindling is too time consuming for me.  I want a Hitchhiker!  Well, it'll go on my list of stuff I want but don't want to pay for quite yet.

2) Crochet

My brother- and sister-in-law are expecting a boy in a couple of months.  I'm working on another Lion Baby Bath Wrap for them:
threequarters

3) Knit 

 For me, I've got a tank top
wholestrapperspective
(need to finish the straps and knit the wrap overlay)

and my purse project is a little bag from a book my mom gave me for Christmas:
start

Ok, not so exciting.  There's a picture of the finished item in the above link -- and I've made a bunch of progress on mine since I took this picture last Friday.

No comments: