Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Holidays and FO's

Once again, I haven't updated in a while.  The main reason for this is most of what I'm currently working on is Christmas gifts for family members (some of whom actually read this blog; hi Mom!).

Current skills-in-progress: mitered squares, endurance.

I've got a few cute sweaters I want to knit for myself (in 2008) but I'm not sure how I'll get through them.  The first is Serrano, which people say can be tough to read but not so bad to execute, once you understand what the designer wants you to do.  I'm ordering color cards from KnitPicks and will probably work this in Essential or Gloss.  The other one I want to do is the Sugar Plum Wrap Sweater I found when I picked up a magazine on a whim.  Its suggested yarn is also from KnitPicks.

I've got 5 inches of a top (Mikado Ribbon Lacy Pullover) done, and the back and 3 inches of the front of a stockinette hoodie, but I keep getting bored.  In the case of the Pullover, it's because of the yarn; I'm using Lion Brand Incredible and it's a pain to work with since I'm trying to to twist it up too much.  In the case of the hoodie, I get sick of stockinette.

I'm going to try to do weekly updates here, let's see how well that works...

2 comments:

Terri said...

Rows and rows of stockinette --- That's where I find Books on Tape (or on mp3!) work great. I seldom can do a sweater in any more elaborate stitch, because it just seems to take infinitely long if you have to pay attention to it.

Zhaneel779 said...

I've tried the stockinette thing and it didn't seem to work for me, so I'll try the more interesting this time.

The Sugar Plum sweater is mostly stockinette, but the shaping of the sections is interesting. Serrano has a non-stockinette overall stitch which is theoretically easy to memorize and pretty mindless once learned.

My color cards were shipped from Worchester, MA, and made it to Pittsburgh and then Columbus, Ohio. I'm a bit baffled.